One can easily become anxious with all the stress we have to face in our day to day lives. This is primarily the reason why it is advisable that we take time to rest and relax even just for a little while. An effective way to relax your mind is through focused concentration or trance which is often referred to as hypnosis. While most of us think that we need someone to hypnotize us, we can actually do it by ourselves if we just know how.
Instructions on How to Do Self-Hypnosis
- For you to effectively perform self-hypnosis, you need to feel comfortable. Find a cozy, private, peaceful, and distraction-free spot where you can lie down or sit comfortably.
- As you lie or sit down, make sure that you don’t cross your legs or any part of your body, for that matter. It is essential that you remain undisturbed for at least 30minutes.
- Close your eyes and try to get rid of any feelings of stress, anxiety and fear. Focus and try to keep a blank mind. Imagine every part of your body relax and take slow, deep breaths.
- When you exhale, imagine all the negative thoughts and feelings disappear in a dark cloud. As you inhale, imagine taking in a brighter force that is filled with energy and light.
- Imagine yourself in a place where you can see everything such as a mountain overlooking the city.
- Imagine yourself going down the stairs, counting each step, and imagine that you are drifting away into deep relaxation.
- Address your current issues and concerns by speaking to yourself using future tense. Try to avoid negative connotations; that is, instead of saying that you shouldn’t be moody, say that you are relaxed. Repeat those statements as many times as you prefer. Then, imagine yourself going up the stairs, counting each step.